Friday, August 15, 2008

About time

My International adventures will take on brand new heights in this next year. It starts with a visit to Tokyo, Japan in just a few days' time. Fortunately, my old friend Ryan lives in Tokyo, and has offered a spare apartment to me for the two nights. Since he will be working through the days, it will give me an opportunity to go explore a bit on my own and then meet up with him in the evenings. I expect it to be much like my time in Seoul, but with fewer Canadians.

In December and January, I will be traveling to Europe for the first time. I will be flying in to London (via Moscow) to spend five days in jolly old England. Once again, I will have a tour guide, as my girlfriend is from England. We will spend Christmas day with her family (what a day to meet the parents) and will take off for the continent the next morning. We plan on a couple of days in Amsterdam, one in Brussels, two or three in Paris, one in Lyon and finally a couple in Barcelona before getting back to London in time for us to fly off to our respective countries of employment for another 6 months away from each other.

In addition to the 7 countries I have already stepped foot in (past the airport) I will be adding numbers 8-13 to my list by early January. And no, I am not including Russia since I will not be leaving the airport at any point.

I'll be back in a week with my stories from Tokyo!!

No comments: